Thai Volunteer Service Foundation and the Mekong Working Group for Peace are now seeking for 5 Thai candidates to attend in Mekong Peace Journey Training Course 2013 which will be held from 25th August – 7th September, 2013 in Myanmar. After the course, at least two participants will be required to serve as interns at their preferable host organization in the Mekong countries.
The Mekong Peace Journey Training Course 2013 is a part of the Regional Learning Process on Peace Building initiated by Mekong Working Group for Peace since 2010 consisting of the regional strategic team from Burma/Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.
The MPJ is designed for young adults in the Mekong Region: Vietnam, Burma/Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and China, who are interested in the practice of peace building in the region, with the following objectives:
• To build trust and inner peace among young adults in the Mekong region;
• To define the concept of peace-building, conflict and its root causes;
• To address other social factors contribute to building peace in the region;
• To identify appropriate and effective strategies for intervention to build peace in the country and the region; and
• To strengthen and expand cooperation and network for further peace building in the Mekong region.
General contents of the training cover peace-related issues such as peace concept, conflict resolution, nationalism, pluralism, and identities. The training methods are in-house training and field trip.
– The participants must be young adults at 20-30 years old with Gender balance from diverse backgrounds (Ethnics, religious, social works, economics, laws, agriculture, media, etc.)
– Successful applicants must be open-minded, able to travel and adapt to new environment, committed and will apply what they learn from the training into their community and field works
– Having working experience in social issues at least two years
– Basic English skill and strong networks (either formal or informal).
– Young adults from ethnic minority and indigenous groups are strongly encouraged
Applicants are required to submit via email the following documents (PDF files are preferable):
1) Completed Application Form
2) Resume or CV
3) One Letter of Recommendation
Interested candidates must download and apply in filling application form as attached, including an updated CV, letter of interest, fill application form, recommendation reference and copies of relevant documents and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Timeline for MPJ Selection Process
|Call for application||5 July 2013|
|Application deadline||7 Aug 2013|
|Shortlisted candidates||10-15 August 2013|
|Interview shortlisted candidates||15-20 August 2013|
|Announce successful candidate||22 August 2013|
|MPJ Training||25 October – 7 November 2013(Will be confirmed by 15 Aug 2013)|
Closing date: 7 Aug 2013
Please directly send the completed application form and other compulsory documents to:
Ms. Benjaporn In-Ngam
MPJ (Thailand) coordinator
Tel: (+66) 8 0596 9535
Mekong Peace Journey
Thai Volunteer Service Foundation
409 Soi Rohitsook,
Huay-Kwang 10320 Thailand
MPJ Weblog: www.mekongpeacejourney.wordpress.com